Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Ants do it, Bees, do it, Beavers do it, but I don't wanna do it...

This is me sometimes. Ok well more and more often.
When did my life turn into a marathon of time consuming soul sucking  time consumption?

First let me say some people are New York. They hit the ground with both feet and start out a sprint. They thrive on being busy every single minute of every single day, going, doing, being with other people until at last they HAVE to shut their eyes to sleep but then at the same pace start the next day all over again.  They are always occupied, plugged in, turned on, and lit up brighter than the city that never sleeps and resent it if you even suggest they slow down. Its just the way they live. Its their drug of choice.

I have always appreciated a slower okie pace. I wake up early but thats alright because I can get Conor and the furbabies ready without rushing, usually coming home and drinking some hot tea before I do stuff around the house or go to the store. I like to meander through my day I get it all done but slow and steady like a turtle.

But the last couple of weeks it has been more New York than Okie. I wont bore you with all the details off the additional complications but suffice it to say that I have worn about a tread off my tires and probably need new soles on my shoes with all the running to and fro. From the time I take COnor to school I don't linger at home til after I pick him up at school and then its spent doing all those domestic engineer type jobs you know the fun ones, laundry, cleaning house, and in a old house like mine, you never get it really clean unless nobody lives here at all to stir up any 100 year old  dust. That dust is probably from the buffalo days.

Its starting to tell on me. Im getting as whiny as a teething baby for no reason, and I know in that reasonable part of my mind I have everything to be grateful for and nada to complain about but it still
slips out. I snap at Larry and Conor, I feel anxious and out of sorts, I dont feel rested when I wake up, I want to eat everything on the planet. WAH WAH WAH!

I hate being that way. AND I know the people around me want to smack me upside the head and yell snap out of it. My sweet Mom even gently reminded me how blessed I am yesterday and made me totally laugh at myself and what a jerk I was being.

I know what the cure is though.  Its booze. HA no not really! Its back to the gym I go. After working out this monday I hurt like a bitch but I felt WAAYYYY better. And being more organized with my errands. And the big one,  loving me means I can love everyone else better....

"He who is too busy doing good, finds no time to be good."

Tagore

No comments:

Post a Comment