Monday, August 15, 2011

TP, Kleenex, and a Grandma



Im down in the basement sorting laundry and my cell phone rings so I reach into my bra ( which doubles as a cell phone holder in case you didnt know that, and I prefer the left side) and see its coming from my own house.

Me: What is it COnor?

Him: Um Mom Im out of toilet paper.

Me: Theres some on the back of the toilet.

Him: No Im in the upstairs bathroom. In your room.

Me: COnor theres a box of Kleenex on the side table where the phone charger is get some of that Im busy.

Him: No Mom I can't I need you to bring me some paper.

Me: Conor Im busy use kleenex.

I hang up. It rings again and I ignore it. Again. He calls about 3 times I know its him. I answer and say "Seriously son you can get up and get the cordless phone that sitting next to the kleenex but you can't get kleenex? " Then I hang up.

ABout 2 or 3 minutes later the house phone rings. I ignore it thinking Conor will get it. Then it stops and my cell rings. Its my Mom.

Me: Hi Mom.

Her: Suzie where are you?

Me: Im in the basement why?

Her: Well your little boy called me and said he has an emergency upstairs and needs you!

Me: He what? He called you? He called because he wants me to get him toilet paper when all he has to do is walk two steps and get kleenex IM IN THE BASEMENT are you kidding me? Im going to kill him for freaking you out.

Her: Oh no don't be mad at him. He's just a little kid...

Me: Oh no he's gonna get some toilet paper alright. Bye Mom.

I go upstairs get the entire package of TP out of the pantry and take it upstairs. He is laughing but not after I toss every roll at him as he dodges them yelling "Mom Mom nooooooo." While I yell "Heres your emergency, and when you get done you call your Grandma and tell her your sorry for freaking her out!"

He was properly contrite. I had a very hard time not laughing at him after it all happened. Im annoyed and amused all at the same time. We have come a long way from yelling out the open door to calling "THE HELP" on the house phone.....





No comments:

Post a Comment