Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday with Conor


On a mission. Have company coming in Thursday so got up early and started operation company cleaning. Conor  was still asleep and I could see about 3 pair of dirty socks scattered like land mines in  the TV area so I picked those up and was using the tube part of the vacuem to suck up dust bunnies. I got about 30 minutes into it and one of his dirty socks jumped in front of me and got sucked up. It was stuck in the curvy part of the tube. After using everything from a butter knife to a pair of pliers I finally got my dryer cleaning kit out and pushed the sock down to the end to pull it out. That took 30 minutes after you hunt down tools and jump up and down silently screaming. Conor had come down and was "helping" because he felt bad.










After the dust bunnies were conquered Conor announced he wanted to learn to cook a omelette




















He learned to crack an egg with one hand, steam spinach, and make an omeltte and fry bacon. That did go really well. He paid attention and did exactly what he was told and I loved it when he said "food can taste good AND LOOK GOOD TOO." Spoken like a true chef in training. He had to show it off ...












After that I was putting the food back in the fridge and realized I had 4 containers of Dijon mustard and was trying to get them all in the door so I took two of the three boxes of baking soda out. I know what exactly does that say about me? I need analysis for Dijon Mustard addiction and baking soda? One thing I do know is the fridge won't smell.
 Conor says "hey mom dont throw these Baking Sodas away they are still full." I said "well we can sprinkle them in the drain and make it smell better."
I finally get the Dijon put away and...

 I turn around he's at the sink and says "Um so how long does it take for this to go down the drain?"He had dumped both boxes in the two sinks at the same time. Both sinks were plugged up. He went and got me the killer plunger and I plunged one side and it went down then when I went to plunge the other side all this hot water with baking soda in it splashed up the empty side and drenched me all in my face, my hair and the front of my shirt. I had to send Conor upstairs after that. I was afraid I was going to hurt him with the plunger....


Life with him is always an adventure and I wouldn't trade it. But I am thankful I have alcohol. I think i will spend the afternoon in the parlor sipping Vodka....




















No comments:

Post a Comment