Monday, June 27, 2011

Grace

        

                                                    


I have a generous heart but Im not very sympathetic to ablebodied people who beg.  It annoys me because I would do anything before I would beg. I would clean truck stop bathrooms and flip burgers. I would wash your dog. I would have to be very desperate to panhandle. I have heard so much about panhandlers who park a nice car two blocks away and then sit in dirty clothes and beg all day and then drive home. I also know they spend it on booze, or drugs sometimes. I have been hornswoggled  enough times myself that Im suspicious of most of them.  I have even made jokes about it. I told Larry once that "you'd make more money if you had a dog...."

Today driving home from the Dr. with Conor I saw a man with a sign on the corner and I thought, "Oh no I hope I don't get a red light and have to sit with this guy staring at me, he looks fine why doesn't he have a job? Sheesh I hope he doesn't come up to my car with a bucket of Dixie Sticks..." I was happy when the light turned green and I could just turn left and head down the road. But then Conor says "Mommy he needs a blessing lets pray for him right now OK?" I said "What? What are you talking about?" He said Mommy he needs help lets ask God to bless him." I said sure and Conor took my hand and prayed "God please help that man and bless him right now he really needs it, amen."

I said " How did you know he needed a blessing Conor?" He replied with "I read his sign Mom it said I need a blessing".

 I realized that prayer cost me nothing. To send a blessing up in his name was better than sending out the negativity. And it took my 11 year old son to remind me what Christ said about having the heart of a child to enter the kingdom of heaven. Little kids see with grace filled eyes.   So heres a prayer for all of you, the panhandlers, the nurses, the dog groomers, the artist, anyone who needs a blessing today "





May The Lord bless you and keep you.
May the Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you.
May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.










No comments:

Post a Comment