Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Losing My religion



Christians in other countries are thrown out all the time. They get tossed out for having clinics in Africa, building water wells, teaching people how to read, giving away bibles, oh AND for spreading the gospel of Christ. Now I know this. I know that it says all over in the bible you will get bashed for being a believer.

"Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted."
2 Timothy 3:12

I get it...I sure get tired of it though.

You can be a Agnostic, a Wiccan, a Buddhist, make up your own one size fits all religion and the" embrace diversity" people will be "That's so great and you know so what if other people don't get it you have to create your own path."

But boy mention Christianity and wow many of these same people are ready to jump up and start pointing fingers at you small minded, judgmental, nasty, greedy people ruining the planet, who believe in a archaic book of mythology, and a guy named Jesus.

However if you are one of those open minded, independent , culturally diverse free thinkers chew on this, shouldn't each person be given a chance and not just lumped in a big box with those crazy people protesting at funerals, the telly-Evangelists like Jim Bakker or my favorite the really big time preacher Oral Roberts and founder of a huge university right here in my own state who said "THE LORD is gonna call me home if I don't get x amount of dollars donated to my church."

Shouldn't you open your mind to each individuals life and relationship with JESUS? Yes I said relationship. Its not about what "kind" of church you go to . Its relationship with the trinity, Father, Son, Holy Spirit. Its living day to day with that in your core.

If you sat down with me and talked to me about my life and many of the other believers I know you would find that we have the passion to change the world through acts of service, comfort, prayer,donations of time and money, those we see need help and it doesn't matter if they believe the way we do. That's not where the heart is. Its about being as much like Christ as we can. When someone comes to me crying their eyes out because they have had their world broken do you think I say "Sorry your an Atheist go cry on someone else."?

And then there is the bible. How credible do you think I'd be if I tried to take the Quran and add things to it to meet my own agenda, to have it conform to my lifestyle, twist it up and make it more acceptable for whatever I happened to believe in at that time?

You know the "You cant take it literally mindset?" How about the 10 commandments? Can I take that literally? Or Turn the other cheek? How about No greater love hath a man than to lay down his life for his brother? I take all of those literally.

You don't have to believe in the bible. But if your so enlightened and progressive shouldn't it be OK for me to believe what I do and be respected and not mocked? IF ALL BELIEFS ARE EQUAL then my worship and love of Jesus is as well and should be treated as such.

If you can accept my beliefs great, if not and you put me in with all those intolerant, judgmental Christian types that you are so well acquainted with you are as bad as they are. Predjudice is predjudice.































1 comment:

  1. Very well said, my sister. It's all about the heart of the matter. The heart. Yep, that's it.

    ReplyDelete