Tuesday, April 19, 2011

5/6/2009 Before I was a Mom

Singing music from "Spamalot"
Now he reads to me...

I am adding something to this was not in the original....

Before I was a Mom
I'd never been pooped on, fed a pear with poop on it, chewed on, peed on, puked on.
I had complete control of my mind and slept really well at night.

Before I was a Mom I never held a little one down so they could do tests or give him a shot and I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin and I never sat up late just to watch a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put him down, I had never felt my heart burst into a million pieces when I couldnt stop the hurt. And I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much. I never knew I could love someone so much and I never knew how I'd love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom I never knew the feeling of having my heart outside of my body, or how special it would feel to feed a hungry baby. I didnt know the bond between Mother and child, or that someone so small would make me feel so important and happy.

Before I was a Mom I never got up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure everything was OK. I had never known the the warmth, joy, love, satisfaction, wonderment, or heartache of being a Mom.

I didnt know I was capable of feeling so much before I was a Mom....



1 comment: